Pages

Follow our story from the start! - click "newer posts" at the end of each page

2.24.2011

Lending a hand

It was my day off but I had a meeting at Tio's school anyway. It wasn't about him. For the past several months I've been involved in an education restructuring committee for the school. I figure since we'll have 2 more boys going through there, I want to understand what's going on and help make it a better place. It's an interesting process working with some teachers and other parents to determine the strengths and weaknesses of the school. So far we've only assessed what the issues and problem areas are. The next and biggest step is to figure out how to solve them.

It's not like I've got tons of time to give but this is good for the school, good for the town, good for our boys, and good for all the children that will go through those doors in the coming years. I hope we're up to the task.