Pages

Follow our story from the start! - click "newer posts" at the end of each page

4.17.2011

The 2nd twenty-five years

A few months ago my left ring finger swelled up for no reason I could see but it forced me to cut my wedding ring off before it got better. Our wedding anniversary is this Monday and I'm making two new rings from the gold of the one I destroyed. I spent a lot of time designing and pounding out the gold so I could lay it over a silver band. Last night, while nearing the end of the whole job, Tish's ring caught on the small end of my chasing hammer and got flung across my workshop. I heard it tinkling when it hit something so I knew kind of where it landed. That was at ten-thirty. It took me until three am this morning to find the thing after tearing my work benches apart 3 times!

The things we do for love.