Pages

Follow our story from the start! - click "newer posts" at the end of each page

1.01.2012

So long, 2011


This is the last post of 2011. The ball just dropped on Times Square, the kids counted down and we all said happy new year. I don’t have any New Years resolutions. I think more along the lines of a bucket list or long term goals. Besides the things I’m already doing here’s a short list of a couple of things I wouldn’t mind achieving - even if the bar is high.
- get all three boys through college. (I’d like them to do better than their parents, better than we did and move up the ladder to a fulfilling life)
- understand subatomic particle physics and high energy mass well enough that I can converse directly with the formulas and not just in layman’s terminology.
- reach a 50th anniversary with Tish. (We hit 25 in 4 months)
- Visit Mars or Jupiter (a long shot, I’ll admit, but always been one of my dreams)

I asked the boys what they might think of as resolutions or goals for the future. Here they are, all good and worthy aims, from the oldest to youngest.
Tio said:
- land a flat ground tail whip every time (that’s a scooter/skateboard accomplishment)
- raise a family (he’ll be a good dad someday)
- throw more parties (we haven’t had any - I’d like Buddy to take charge of that)
- write a rap CD (probably a longshot for him, but who knows)

Kit’s turn:
- go to Lady Gaga concert (money and time are the only obstacles there)
- live with mom again (he has missed Debbie the most and is torn about it)
- have my own dog (he’s becoming quite the handler - more on that later)
- not be bullied (that’s a biggie that we’re working hard on)
- have a real birthday party (I sense a pattern developing)

Doc rounded it off:
- play with my Nabi all day long (his new tablet computer that has daily time limits)
- watch TV all day (another daily restriction)
- go see Justin Beiber concert (he is a big fan)
- an electric scooter (he got a push scooter for Christmas and has dreams of power)
- sleepovers with boys at home (that’s three for three on that one)

I hope you and yours have a bright look towards the coming year and have set some high goals to reach for. Because, after all, it’s the reaching that makes it all worthwhile.
Tio. One cool dude.