Pages

Follow our story from the start! - click "newer posts" at the end of each page

1.21.2012

“A very merry un-birthday to you!”


My birthday came and went this week. I turned 54 on Thursday without much fanfare. There was too much going on. Sugar and Danny brought over a lasagna and the whole family was together. I got no presents and no cake and nobody even thought to sing Happy Birthday.

I gotta say, though, it was probably one of the nicest birthday’s I’ve ever had. In light of my new health issues and the love and support that came to me from  family and friends all around the world, I couldn’t be a happier or richer man. I was surrounded by everything that matters and maybe anything further would have spoiled the moment.

To know I am loved is the best birthday present there is.