Pages

Follow our story from the start! - click "newer posts" at the end of each page

7.14.2012

"Grampy, I'm bored"

Don't you just love it when a kid tell you that? They walk up and announce it while you're hanging their clothes, or making their lunch, or halfway through the other fifty chores that keep them clean and safe like you're supposed to drop everything and entertain them. Maybe he think I'm going to suddenly pull 2 tickets out of my pocket and say, "Look! I have first class tickets to the Moon and the rocket leaves in 3 minutes!" or instantly grow a big red nose, green hair and size 150 feet so I can entertain him like the clown he thinks I am. Perhaps he's imagining that I'll drop everything, cry out "poor lad!" and take everyone instantly to buy ice cream and treats (which isn't far from the truth).

Alas, it is not meant to be. "Get used to it, kid. It builds character."