Pages

Follow our story from the start! - click "newer posts" at the end of each page

8.24.2012

September 9 is Grandparents Day - mark your calendar!

I've been asked by Generations United to help promote Grandparents Day on September 9th. Hey, I'm down with that! Are they giving us a parade? Do I get prezzies? Will my grandsons make me breakfast in bed? No such luck. It's more of a "let's get intergenerational activities going" kind of promotion. 

That's all well and good and everything. In fact, I encourage people to get involved in promoting and understanding multigenerational families. Were are making up a strong segment of the population and growing. Tough economics are bringing this kind of family together as a matter of necessity. We all work hard at our jobs and at home to make it work. I'm not sure I have the energy to go out and promote how wonderful it is to have the little ones underfoot all day long. But there are many other kinds of relationships between the old and the small that need and can use our encouragement.

Understanding the circumstances that bring families together, helping families get along better, connecting generations and celebrating multigenerational understanding are all worthy causes. So please go to the Grandparents Day website and see what they have to offer. We can all use your support and understanding. There's lots of info and ideas on the site.

Have a great Grandparents Day on Sept 9.