Pages

Follow our story from the start! - click "newer posts" at the end of each page

10.23.2010

A Future President?

I’m running for county treaserer this November. It's low down on the ballot but it’s important work and requires campaigning to get elected. I’ve been involved with local issues since we moved here 20 years ago. I was elected as a Selectman, ran for state legislature, led environmental protection campaigns and a host of other things.

I’m going out canvassing tomorrow morning, knocking on doors to talk with voters, and I think I’ll take Tio with me. He’s listened to my spiel over the years about getting involved and helping people and so forth. He even shook a couple of presidential candidates by the hand when he was six years old and I was running the local John Kerry for President office. Maybe now it’s time for Tio to see how the hard work of democracy actually gets done.

I’ve been trying to think of how to talk him into going with a positive spin and I remembered that on Sunday I have to take him to a football game. I think I’ll tell him that I come to his games to see him win so it’s his turn to come to mine and see how democracy wins.

I’ll let you know how it goes.