Pages

Follow our story from the start! - click "newer posts" at the end of each page

2.16.2011

Blog on, Grampy

A surprising sideline to writing this blog every day is that the older boys want to keep up with it. I try to be humorous at times, honest to what I see and feel, and find the personal core in what I write. Whether I succeed or not is up to the reader to decide. But one thing I'm not is all that flattering to our tumultuous little gang. We're a struggling band of humans with considerable ups and downs. I bare some nerves even as I try to show our heart.

But no matter what I write the boys don't take exception. I suspect they find it interesting to see themselves and the rest of us through my eyes. Some of the posts go right over their heads or don't hold their interest because they are more personal to me. But even that may bring an important perspective.

Now-- if I could just get them to write more posts.