Pages

Follow our story from the start! - click "newer posts" at the end of each page

4.27.2011

I huffed and I puffed...

A fairly ordinary day today. Beautiful weather and the kids off in different directions on a vacation day. I came home at six from doing some writing in town and took a bike ride with Tio down to the local airport and back, about 4 miles altogether.

Man, am I out of shape! It all felt okay while I was on the road, bit sore in the legs, but after I got home I practically collapsed out of breath. Then I fell asleep on the sofa for an hour. I'm still feeling the effects. Granted, it's the first ride of the spring/summer but gimme a break. We used to ride all the time together. Miles and miles and now I'm wheezing and panting on a not so hilly road?

No fair. I'm starting to feel like a grampa.