Pages

Follow our story from the start! - click "newer posts" at the end of each page

10.29.2011

I guess I'm just a big sap

summer sunset outside the house where I grew up
I’ve walked along the Great Wall of China, stood at the foot of the Eiffel Tower, taken a paddle boat on the Mississippi, seen the north pole from 30,000 feet, and watched whales and sea lions play in Puget Sound. I’ve seen sunsets that blaze with the glory of God and starry nights that are deeper than my imagination. In all of that still one of the most beautiful sights in the world might possibly be the grateful smile on your child’s face when you patch a bicycle injury, assure them that all is right with the world after they’ve been bullied or scared, or say goodnight after they’ve had a wonderful day.

You don’t have to travel too far to see the greatest wonders of the world.