Pages

Follow our story from the start! - click "newer posts" at the end of each page

10.22.2011

Sleeping through another Saturday

Back at Monsieur D'onalds with a torrent of kids hanging off the walls and creating an atmosphere as only wild children can. I have Doc and Kit for the afternoon and we stopped here for lunch (I know, I know, I swore off the place but the coffee is good and the kids don't complain). Earlier this morning Kit was bossing the little brother around and Doc was giving as good as he got back. They yelled and screamed while their Dad got ready for work. I was supposedly still sleeping. Knowing I had the rest of the day with them, best to nip this nonsense in the bud.

I yelled down the stairs, "There's a new sherrif in town and he won't take any of your crap!" That shut 'em up for the moment. I'd only had 4 hours sleep by then,I went to bed at 4:30 this morning, and Kit was in a mood to keep stirring it up. I decided to employ the carrot and stick. "We'll go to McDragon's and then shop for Halloween stuff this afternoon. But first I'm going to catch another hour's sleep," I said, "and you guys will both be quiet and get along. Every time you fight will delay our departure by 15 minutes."

Man, if those 2 boys could have been quieter or more well behaved, I don't see how. They whispered while I nodded off: Kit telling Doc we didn't want 15 minute delays and Doc climbing up on the kitchen counters to see what snacks he could sneak. An hour later and I woke up with Bunnie lying on my face and Doc's head pressed into my stomach.

They've been in fine moods ever since and so have I.