Pages

Follow our story from the start! - click "newer posts" at the end of each page

8.17.2012

The joys of a summer morning

Woof, woof, arf, arf from 6:30 to 7:30 this morning. The puppy playing with Maddie in the kitchen. No sleep there. By 8 Tish was off to work with both dogs in tow. A bit of quiet.

Not a chance.

"Noooooooooo! Stop iiiiiiiiiiit!" Doc screamed. 
"Leave me alooooooooooooone!" Kit yelled back.
And so it went from 8 until after 9 when Buddy packed them off to the last day of day camp.

That was that. No sleep for the weary. I got up. The house was quiet and I sat down with my coffee and New York Times online. That's when Tio tromped upstairs making all sorts of mouth noises and rapping like a bad radio DJ. I'm going to have to wait until 2019 before I get another quiet morning. Even then, the dogs aren't going anywhere.

Maybe Tish's idea of building a tiny cabin on the back lot isn't such a crazy one after all.