Pages

Follow our story from the start! - click "newer posts" at the end of each page

8.07.2012

Tit for Tat

Sometimes I wonder if it's better to let the boys fight or to break it up and help them get along. I don't mean fist fight, I mean verbal abuse and taking advantage of each other.

This afternoon both Kit and Doc exhibited their own version of meanness towards each other. I don't suppose it matters what it was over because it's always something. I could hear them way up the street screaming at each other. I didn't stop them but had to straighten the mess out when they got home. It's always over something stupid and could easily be avoided if they...if they...if they only...

The thing is, I think they could actually be friends. There are times when they get along, even play together. But not this summer. I suppose when I don't hear about it, I should ignore it. But they don't keep it to themselves. They always rat each other out, somehow imagining that they were innocent in the fracas. As if.

I understand losing tempers and feeling like things are unfair. I get it when someone is teasing and pushing your buttons. But these guys get downright nasty just to watch the other dangle and sometimes deserve to have it come back on them.

Maybe I just have to live through it the same way they do - one day to the next.